I’m guessing you have big plans for your music.
Songwriter looking to share your music with the world.
The problem is that many of us DIY musicians think we need more.
We think that if only we had more time, more money, or the right equipment, we’d be able to “hit it big.”
But you don’t need hours upon hours. You don’t need loads of cash.
You can record decent music with thrift store recording equipment.
You can do it. Wherever you are. Whatever you have. You can make music.
And that’s the point of this blog: to help you realize that money, equipment, recording space, and time do not determine your success.
You can be a musician with a day job — a great artist and a regular person.
So are you ready to get started? I am.
Sign up here and get the free guide How To Be A Musician With A Day Job
In this guide, you’ll learn about:
- How having a day job may actually be good for your music
- Defining success
- The One-Thing-A-Day method
- Time management
- And more…
In the meantime, here are the best posts to start with…
Audio Recording & Mixing
- 5 Home Recording Mistakes Beginner Musicians Make (I’ve Done These)
- Here’s One Thing The Beatles’ “Blackbird” Can Teach Recording Musicians
- LANDR Review: Can An Algorithm Really Master Your Songs?
- My Favorite Videos On Learning How To Mix (if you’d rather not learn how to mix right now, I do offer mixing services)
DIY Musician Career Tips
- 5 Tools To Help Boost Your DIY Music Career
- Bob Dylan Is Not His Real Name (And Why That Matters To Musicians)
- How To Sell Your Music Online (A Guide For Beginners)
- I Will Never Play At This Venue Again (For Real)
- Why The Music Industry Is Past The “Big Break” Era
Musical Equipment Reviews
- 3 Of The Best (And Cheapest) Microphones For Home Recording
- Recording Equipment And Software I Use
- The Best Microphones Under $50 (Because We’re All On A Budget Here)
- How To Avoid These 3 Songwriting Mistakes
- How To Get Better At Songwriting
- How To Write A Song In 5 Simple Steps — Part 1
- How To Write A Song In 5 Simple Steps — Part 2
- How To Write Songs That Think Outside The Box
- Paul McCartney Doesn’t Know How To Write Songs
Don’t see the topic you’re looking for? You can hit up that search bar in the menu, or just send me your suggestions: MusicianWithADayJobBlog@gmail.com